Friday, December 3, 2010

Fabulous Functionality


I'd like you to meet my latest obsession, vintage frames...



I've been going to consignment shops and used furniture stores like it's my {second} job. Aching to find these ornate, old-fashioned objects of my affection. Alas! I've finally found some that will hold me over for a while.

My mom graciously accepted the challenge of redoing these for me. {I'd be so lost without her!} Our master plan is to paint these white & add chalkboards inside. Fabulous AND Functional. =)

Once finished, the large frame will be hanging in my in-home studio, making it easier to write notes & keep track of current designs/orders pending. The smaller one will go with me to bridal shows - I thought it would be cute to advertise sales, write cute wedding-themed quotes, or whatever inspires me the day of the show. =)

The larger one I found at my new favorite place to shop, Gilley's Antique Mall in Plainfield! I'm not exaggerating when I say you can get lost in there. It goes on forever. {I still haven't seen everything there - I plan to go back very soon!} The smaller one I snagged for a measly $4.00 at a consignment shop in my hometown, Crawfordsville. I love a good bargain. =)

Does anyone else love all things vintage? What is your favorite vintage purchase?

2 comments:

  1. we just did this in our playroom for the kids! They love their new chalkboard. It such a great idea!!

    I just found out they make dry erase paint..which may be my next project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dry Erase Paint?? I am definitely going to have to check that out. =) We are using the chalkboard paint for these.

    ReplyDelete