Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year...New You?

I don't know what it is, but the thought of a new year always leaves me feeling a bit bittersweet.

In 24 hours, I'll be preparing to say farewell to the year 2009 - A year that was filled with weddings (including my little sister's and my own), my first trips to Mexico and NYC, a job change, and the creation of our business, Interprintations.

As I look into 2010, I see a clean slate and a good excuse to set lofty goals for myself.

#1 - Redo the office (or at least the furniture!) so that I have a better organized, more efficient work space.

#2 - Sign up for sewing classes at Joann Fabrics. I have my sister to keep me on track for this one! She will be accompanying me on this fun little journey, which will make it twice as fun. =)

#3 - Acquaint myself with our new Nikon 3000, and learn new photography and lighting tricks. (The better pictures I can take, the better you'll be able to see our new products!)

#4 - Get back into a weekday workout regimen (Exercise TV on-demand is the best idea. ever. Jillian Michaels kicks my butt into to gear. For free!)

#5 - Assemble my portfolios - complete with samples of recent wedding and other stationery orders.

#6 - List at least 5 items on Etsy by the early spring - First on that list are the oh-so-popular damask monogram note cards. (What a great idea for your bridesmaids and gift book attendants!)

I'll be posting this list prominently above my desk, so I can reflect on my progress. While I'm sad to see 2009 go, this list reminds me of what I have to look forward to in 2010.

Cheers to a new year and {hopefully} an improved me! =)

What are you leaving behind in 2009? Have you set any resolutions for 2010?


No comments:

Post a Comment