Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Curiously Tasty Treats

Ever thought of putting pistachio, orange and toffee flavors all in the same cookie recipe?

Yeah....neither have I, but apparently they say it's delicious!

Greencastle resident Stacia O'Neal's Pistachio Orange Cream Sandwich took the top prize at the Indy Star's 2009 Holiday Cookie Contest. She beat out 170 other entries with her tricky, but apparently unforgettably tasty, combo.



(photo courtesy of www.indystar.com)

After reading the article in today's paper, I had to check out all of the fun recipes entered into this year's contest (the winning cookie let my curiosity get the best of me). I found one that I'm dying to try, it's for Strawberry Cream Cheese Thumbprints. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Yum! =)

And with a quick look out the window and listening to the extended forecast....it looks like I'll be spending plenty of time indoors to easily fit some baking into my weekend schedule. =)

What's your favorite holiday recipe that you can't wait to make? Are you trying any new recipes this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment